MELANIE J. MCCLURE
Attorney Melanie McClure is a Partner with the firm and represents employees and employers in all aspects of employment law.
Melanie primarily litigates discrimination and wrongful termination cases on behalf of both employees and employers, focusing on litigation involving the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Medical Leave Act. Melanie’s experience includes representing clients at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Department of Labor, and in Arkansas state and federal courts, including the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, Melanie advises employees and employers on all aspects of the employment relationship, including employment agreements, policies, and challenging workplace situations. She works with employers to address employment disputes, maximizing employer interests and goals while minimizing the risks of litigation. She has experience both managing and conducting investigations into issues of sexual harassment and other workplace misconduct, gender discrimination, code of conduct violations, expense fraud, theft, and conflict of interest. She regularly conducts management training programs on a range of employment topics.
Contact Melanie McClure
- Representation of employees and employers in all aspects of employment litigation, mediation, and arbitration, including EEOC and DOL litigation charges and investigations.
- Advising clients on wage and hour compliance, accommodation disables workers, family and medical leave, minimizing the liability of terminations, downsizing strategies, and union avoidance.
- Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements, including executive compensation agreements, employee separation agreements, bonus and retention plans, intellectual property agreements, and confidentiality/non-competition agreements.
- Providing employment-related due diligence for business acquisitions, including review of employment policies and practices, existing litigation, and charges of discrimination.
- Enforcing and challenging non-competition agreements.
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Central Arkansas Human Resources Association
- UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, past adjunct faculty member (Employment Law)
- J.D., University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law
- B.A., University of Iowa